Gender and Transport Resource Guide, Online Tool developed by the Sub-Saharan Africa Transport Program (SSATP), 2006
This Resource Guide provides gender mainstreaming tools and information for individuals and groups working on policy, design, implementation monitoring and evaluation, capacity building and research in the transport sector and sectors affected by transport.
The Resource Guide:
• Provides checklists, entry points, and tools for mainstreaming gender in transport projects and policies.
• Brings together case studies, best practices, training manuals, tools and reports on gender and transport from the Gender and Rural Transport Initiative (GRTI), and other initiatives of the World Bank and allied agencies.
• Uses a gender lens to analyze transport programs ranging from national infrastructure policies and plans to community driven development projects.
• Presents examples of engendering the full range of transport network interventions ranging from intermediate means of transport (IMT) such as bicycles, donkeys and carts to formal transport sub-sectors such as roads, buses and boats.
• Provides slide presentations that can be adapted for gender and transport training, gender sensitization, and other events.