This Act may be cited as the Public Procurement and Disposal Act, 2005 and shall come into operation on such date as the Minister may, by notice in the Gazette, appoint.
Purpose of the Act.
The purpose of this Act is to establish procedures for procurement and the disposal of unserviceable, obsolete or surplus stores and equipment by public entities to achieve the following objectives:
- to maximise economy and efficiency;
- to promote competition and ensure that competitors are treated fairly;
- to promote the integrity and fairness of those procedures;
- to increase transparency and accountability in those procedures; and
- to increase public confidence in those procedures.
- to facilitate the promotion of local industry and economic development.